Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A Woman

Do not be ignorant of me anywhere or any time. Be on your guard!
Do not be ignorant of me.

For I am the first and the last.
I am the wife and the virgin.
I am the mother and the daughter.
I am the barren one
and many are her sons.
I am the midwife and she who does not bear.
I am the solace of my labor pains.
I am the bride and the bridegroom.
I am the ruler of my offspring.

I am senseless and I am wise.

For I am knowledge and ignorance.
I am shame and boldness.
I am shameless; I am ashamed.
I am strength and I am fear.
I am war and peace.

Be on your guard!
Do not hate my obedience
and do not love my self-control.
In my weakness, do not forsake me,
and do not be afraid of my power.
For why do you despise my fear
and curse my pride?
But I am she who exists in all fears
and strength in trembling.
I am she who is weak,
and I am well in a pleasant place.

I am unlearned,
and they learn from me.

I am the one who is honored, and who is praised,

I am the substance and the one who has no substance.

Those who are without association with me are ignorant of me,
and those who are in my substance are the ones who know me.

Hear me in gentleness, and learn of me in roughness.

I am the union and the dissolution.

I am the silence that is incomprehensible
and the idea whose remembrance is frequent.

I am the voice whose sound is manifold
and the word whose appearance is multiple.


For I am the first and the last...


I am everything. I am a woman.


No comments: